Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Brawley Fights MMAI Fighter Stats

Hey ya'll,

One thing I forgot to mention from last week, Joel Wyatt, one of Charlottesville MMAIs resident fighters, fought in the new Shine Promotion in Columbus, Ohio on May 9. He won his fight by rear naked choke in the third round. So congrats Joel for your hard work! You've earned it! He is going places.

On another note, I stopped by the gym yesterday to see what they've got cooking, and I stumbled upon the BJJ class. I've also noticed that the gym gets really pumped the week before a fight. It's like coming together like a family for a Thanksgiving dinner. People help each other, pick one another up after a take down, and genuinely care about their brothers and sisters in the gym. I've never seen this sort of relationship in an active gym before, but it really does remind me of the familiarity of home, and my own relationships with my brother and my friends. The closeness of the gym helps everyone perform at their best. I have full confidence that our 4 fighters will do a tremendous job of promoting MMAI-Charlottesville at Brawley in Augusta this weekend.

We've got 4 guys fighting this Saturday, May 16. Tony Bruno is an MMA fighter who will compete in the 145 pound division. Lucas Wright is a middleweight fighter at 185 pounds and he also likes MMA. This is his first fight, so be sure to give him a high-five on his way out! Our third guy is Adrian Yarboro. He's a 170 pound welterweight and he always puts his all into his fights. I think his will be one to watch. The last guy from MMAI-Charlottesville is Jake McLean. He made an impressive debut in February in his first fight, which he did win.

Overall, I think MMAI has some great representation here. So come out and make some noise for our guys! It's going to be a great weekend.

See ya at the fights,
Kimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment