Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Our fight is right around the corner...

Four MMAI of Charlottesville fighters are in their last week of training for Brawl in the Cage III. We've all been training very seriously for this fight and working together as a team to make sure we're all prepared. I really have to express alot of gratitude to everyone involved with MMAI who's helping me get ready for the fight. Everyone: Dave, Joel, John Ray, Mike J, Jake, Joe, Josh, Steven, Tony, Adrian, Mika, Rick, Kevin; even the ladies who work behind the counter have helped me out and the guys who I forget their name but train with anyway! It's really amazing to see this kind of support and teamwork, I have no doubt that I have some of the best teammates and friends in Charlottesville. On a sterner note, I'd like to ask that everyone who affiliates themselves with our gym in anyway, even if it's training just one day a month or wearing the MMAI shirt in public, to please represent our gym in a respectable, honorable way. If you see someone not doing so, please let them know in a respectful, tactful manner, it doesn't need to be awkward or contemptuous. When I fight I know that I'm fully in every way representing my family, the United States Marine Corps, and MMAI. You will see me be a good sport and putting 100% of my heart into performing the best that I can. Not like 100% heart-RATE, but ya know, doing my best...

-Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment