Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A random blog by Lucas...

I'm contributing to this wonderful blog at suggestion of Kim(holla!) I would like to update everyone about my upcoming fight this may 16 in Harrisonburg. Unfortunately I haven't been able to train this week due to an injury that I'm attempting to make a speedy recovery from. I have been in touch with Dave about this and have not been avoiding him in any, shape, or form; despite the overwhelming temptation to at times. My foot is swollen up fairly bad at the time and I have trouble putting weight on it. Every time I look at my swollen stump of a foot, I feel a sense of regret that im not flinging that foot in some aggressive way at something. Recently, I've attracted the ire of most the people in my personal life due to my dedication to maintaining a work ethic with MMA. Ironically, I'm injured now having to deal with the consequences of said action(s). This does contribute to an urgency to heal up and get back to the gym ASAP. I've already crossed the "Go get a real job" bridge and the "What I need you to do is more important than MMA." hump with everyone who used to like me. The only way to feel good about this is to see it through to the end :D

Yall's Homie,
Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment